Monday, March 2, 2009

Tuacahn Duathlon



Well, I completed my first competitive race since before children! I raced on Saturday in the Tuacahn Duathlon with my friend Sadie Best. I did the Sprint distance race because when I registered I had just started running in the gym, and wasn't sure how far I could go. The race was 1.5 mile run, then 12 mile bike, then another 1.5 mile run. I finished in 1 hour, 12 mins, 35 secs. That was good enough for 2nd place in my division, 7th overall women, and 25th overall including the men. (74 finishing racers).

I have to say that I did not expect to be competitive in this race. I was just there to have fun (which I did!) and finish the race (which I did!). The fact that I actually placed in my division just gave me the bug to do more races! So, on that note, I am now planning several more. I have a half-marathon in April in Austin, TX with Alyssa. I am going to do the St. George Trifecta, which is 3 triathlons here at Sand Hollow in May, June and September. John says he will do those with me, and I roped my brother Matt into doing the June one with me. I will do the Sprint distance for those. I also plan to do a half-marathon in July in San Fransisco with Sadie, and then I would like to complete one olympic distance triathlon by the end of the year. Yea! It is so fun to me to have something to work toward in the gym. It makes it all worthwhile when I can say I participated in something cool.




Anyone who wants to join me for anything or has a suggestion for the full length triathlon, let me know!

6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

You rock!!!! I'd say I would do all of them with you but my body doesn't want to agree lately. I am suppose to do a half in two weeks and my injuries are making me so slow. It almost doesn't even seem worth it if my time will be worse then the last one. :-(

Annie said...

Jamie I am so jealous and proud! I think that I will try to do a few up here and then we can do a few together once I get my butt in shape. (right now I am a fat-skinny girl) I might be ready in Sept to do that one with you, I will let you know how my training goes. Love ya! P.s. there is a triatholon here maybe we could do it together and it would be an excuse for you to come visit me too!!!!!

Pete and Sadie Best said...

We Rock! Thanks for racing with me it always makes it more fun. Can't wait for San Fran..however, I must say I am more excited for the shopping then the racing.

John and Marissa said...

Hey Jamie! I am planning on Sept at Sand Hollow! ;) We will have to meet up! I'm doing a half on April 18th in SLC...you should come!

Haley said...

Way to go superwoman! I was so excited to come see you guys finish and it becomes that much more inspirational when you are actually there to see it. If my knee would ever let me run I MIGHT consider one of those...

abo-bder said...



شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض