Monday, March 30, 2009

Rosco

Well, I caved. I knew it would happen sooner or later, given how much my boys love dogs. We got a puppy last night. His name is Rosco, and he is 3/4 Border Collie, and 1/4 Springer Spaniel.


He is 6 weeks old, and the kids just adore him. We got him for free, and he's already spoiled rotten. We are crate training him, but he likes his regular bed better than his crate. Last night I was up (and outside in a storm) at 11:30, 12:00, 3:00, 5:00, and 7:00. Not fun, but at least I'm not used to sleeping all the way through the night yet anyway. Tonight, I moved his crate into my room so I can reassure him better, and I'm going to try putting his bed inside his crate to make him more cozy. He misses his brothers and sisters, and remembers at night.

He will grow up to be a medium to large sized dog, and John hopes he might be able to learn a couple of hunting tricks. I just hope he learns the trick of going potty outside.






3 comments:

Annie said...

Too brave for me! I think he is stinkin cute though. Sounds like Colorado was a blast, we will have to eventually try to do that. I also love the Bike set up that cracks me up.

Jen and Steven said...

Yay, a puppy! Roxy will be so excited to have another playmate when we go to St. George.

Molly said...

He's so cute!! Tinkerbelle is excited to have a cousin! :) She has a toy just like that green one, but in red. :)