Monday, May 11, 2009

The SGTRI

So, my first triathlon sort of turned into my 2nd Duathlon. They had to cancel the swim due to high winds. The kayakers couldn't hold their positions. Instead of the swim, they added a 2nd 5K run. So we did a 5K run, 12 mile bike, and another 5K run. It was still a lot of fun, but kind of a bummer to not get to have the TRI experience.

I came in 7th in my division (out of 54). My time was 1:39:59. My goal was to be in the 1:30-1:40 time range, so I just made it! I was the 22nd overall female (out of 244), and I was the 128th person (out of 571).

John finished the race too, and I'm happy to say I had a better time than he did (since he didn't train AT ALL!) He finished with a time of 2:00:58. He was 370th overall.

Of course, we forgot our camera (what else is new??), so if my friends send me the pictures they took, I will post them, otherwise, you'll just have to use your imagination for the spandex-clad Egberts.

2 comments:

Deanne Hill said...

Hey there stranger! I saw a link on Marilyn's blog and was thrilled to see you and your cute family! :) Congrats on the tri! You look amazing! Where are you guys at now?

Molly said...

Umm...who's the slacker blogger now????? :) Love ya!