Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Utah Summer Games Triathlon

Okay, so I have been totally slacking on the blog thing lately. I know, what else is new, huh? With school about to start, and another big race coming up this weekend, I thought I'd better get caught up! June 13th was the Utah Summer Games Triathlon, which both John and I competed in, along with my brother, Matt. I had three goals for this one: I wanted to finish in 1 hour, 30 mins; I wanted to place in my division; and I wanted to have a faster run time than Matt, since he was telling people he thought he had me on the run!

I'm happy to say that I met all three of my goals, finishing in 1 hour 27 mins 23 seconds, 3rd place in my age group (6th overall woman), and a run time of 24 mins, 42 seconds compared to my brother's 26 mins, 11 seconds. If you can't brag on your own blog, where can you brag??


Anyway, we all had a great time at that race, and we had lots of supportive family there to cheer us on, including our Grandma Leck, my mom and dad, Matt's wife Haley (thanks to her for the pictures!), and a few kids.

2 comments:

Jen and Steven said...

Nice job! You look really fast on your bike. And it's always nice to brag when you do something better or faster than a sibling.

Molly said...

I have to say, I love Matt's farmer's tan!! hahahahahahaha