Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lake Trip!

So I finally got to go to the lake this weekend! (I promise this is my last post for the night!) I have been wanting to go out all summer, but training, family reunions, birthdays, etc have made it hard to plan a time. I talked John into going up to the Egbert reunion a day late so that he could get his truck in for some work, and I could get a couple days at the lake with my parents. We had SO MUCH fun! This is definitely my cup of tea. The kids loved tubing, swimming, playing on the beach, riding on the boat, picking up shells, and eating all day. At one point, I decided to go for a little swim out to a point we could see from our beach. My dad estimated it was about a quarter mile away. I told him I'd be back in about 15 or 20 mins if that was the case. When I finally got back, I asked him how long I'd been gone, and he guessed about 40 mins. The point was actually about a 1/2 mile away, so I got a good swim in! I think the highlight of my trip was riding the tube with Koda. He just loved it so much, and I am a sucker for his hysterical giggling!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Yay! Lots of pictures! You are such a great triathalon-er! :) I can't believe how big your kids are...I haven't seen them in over a year!!