Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Races!

On June 27th, John and I went to Las Vegas to do a mountain bike race just for old times' sake. I was really nervous since I hadn't been on a mountain bike for something like 5 or 6 years. The race was "grand prix" style. They started the experts out first, then the rest of the men, followed by the women. The first person to cross the finish line for the 3rd time ended the race. After that, whenever you crossed the line, you were done. So if you only did 1 lap, or 2 laps by the time the first expert finished 3, then you were done. If you didn't want to do another lap, you could stop before the finish line, and wait for that guy. SO, before we signed up for the race, I told John I was nervous about having to do so many laps, and he tells me, "Don't worry, there is NO WAY you'll have to do more than 2 laps." So I sign up. After my second lap, I asked the guys at the finish line how long it would be before they expected the winner to finish his 3rd lap. They said, "He's about 4 minutes ahead of you." So much for only having to do 2 laps! I ended up winning the race for the females - not a whole lot of competition. There were a total of 4 women racing, but it was exciting anyway.



On July 26th, I ran my 2nd half marathon in San Fransisco! The trip was so much fun; I went with my good friend and racing buddy, Sadie Best. We got to go see Wicked, the musical, we shopped till we dropped, and did all the touristy things you do in San Fran. I was very happy with my race time of 1 hour 49 mins. It was a 16 minute improvement on my 1/2 in Austin back in April. I give that credit to Sadie, who spent the entire race yelling, "ON YOUR RIGHT!" so that we could pass, and pass, and pass. :)


5 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Great job on BOTH your races!!! That is awesome! It doesn't surprise me at all though. Hard work pays off. :-)

Jessi McCall said...

Good job, Jaimie!! Way to improve your time on your marathon! You look GREAT too. :)

Molly said...

What's with the bushman?? :)

Jen and Steven said...

Don't you just love San Francisco?!! I would move there in a heartbeat if I could ever afford it. I was a little disappointed in the Ghirardelli place when we went, but I sure loved their extra-thick hot chocolate. Yum! I think I even saw the Bushman but he was staying still at the time. Congrats on your time improvement! You're way more dedicated than me.

abo-bder said...



شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض