Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Toothfairy Visits the Egberts!

I didn't think I would have to be thinking about the toothfairy so soon! While I was in San Fransisco running my little tooshie off, John took all 4 kids camping (???!!!). While there, Koda and his cousin Noah were wrestling on the top bunk in Denny's trailer, and Koda ended up doing a nose dive. He pretty much must have landed right on his face. He got a bloody nose, and at least one fractured tooth out of it. Matt x-rayed the tooth, and said we could just watch it to see what happened, but that if it abscessed or hurt worse, we would have to pull it. Well, it kept hurting him worse when I brushed his teeth, and he always wanted me to cut up all his food, so we decided to pull it. Matt was nice, and gave him some nitrus and some novacaine, so Koda was pretty much oblivious to the whole process. We stopped at Grandma's house afterwards, and she whipped up a tooth fairy pillow for him, which he hasn't stopped carrying around yet! When I asked Koda how much he thought the tooth fairy would give him for his tooth, he first said, "Eighty thousand." I said No way! So he said, "Maybe about 10." 10 what? "10 quarters." OK. It was a front tooth, after all.

No comments: